Hello my pumpkins and welcome back!
I hope you are all doing amazing. Today, I am sharing with you this simple mermaid-y makeup look that I created with NYX’s newest collection: I Love You So Mochi. In this post, I’ll also review the products from this collection and I will let you know whether I recommend these products or not.
Before getting into this post, don’t forget to check out my previous post, Coffee With Joy! if you wish to know what’s been going on with me for the past month.
About the Collection
This new collection includes two eyeshadow palettes: “Electric Pastels” and “Sleek & Chic”, 2 highlighting palettes: “Arcade Glam” which is for lighter skin tones and “Lit Life” which is for darker complexions and finally, powder lip creams that come in 8 shades.
Each eyeshadow palette retails for 20$ and contains 10 shimmery eyeshadow shades [maybe one matte shade only]. Each highlighting palette retails for 19$ and you get three highlighters. Each lip cream retails for 8.50$ and you get 12ml of product.
From this collection, I got the two eyeshadow palettes, the “Lit Life” highlighting palette and two powder lip creams in shade “Best Buds” and “Cool Intentions”[that one is my sister’s]
With all of these products I created this look below, a look that reminds me a lot of mermaids.
[I am not gonna state all of the products I used to create this look. I’ll only mention the products I used from NYX’s new collection]
I think between the two palettes, the electric one is my favorite, I think the colors are very unique and original. However, you definitely cannot create a full eye makeup look with these two because you only get shimmery shades. I did manage to create a full look with them and I am very happy how it turned out. Plus, the eyeshadows blend very nicely and they are quite pigmented. Concerning the formula, I don’t feel like it’s different than any other eyeshadows, I thought they would be creamy, but in the contrary, they are not, they are quite powdery.
To create this eye makeup look, I used:
- The bright yellow shade from the Electric palette in my inner corners and inner part of my lids
- Then, I applied the green/blue-ish shade [that is next to the yellow shade] in the center of my lids
- Afterwards, I applied the dark purple shade from the “Sleek & Chic” palette in the outer V of my lids.
- As a transition shade I used a mauve shade from my “All I See Is Magic” palette by Colourpop and I used the orange shade [that is below the purple shade] from the “Sleek & Chic” palette.
- In my water line, I used that same blue shade I used in the center of my lids
- And, in my lower lash line, I used that same orange shade I used as a transition shade. I also applied some of that dark purple shade in the outer part of my lower lash lines, just to darken the look.
- On my brow bones, I used the only matte shade available, which is that white shade in the “Sleek & Chic” palette.
On my cheekbones, I used the golden shade from the “Lit Life” palette. The highlighters are not blinding, but the sheen is very pretty and true to the color that is on the pan, like the golden shade is truly gold and it looks gold on your skin. Personally, this highlighting palette is my new favorite highlighting palette just for the pink and gold highlighters. These two highlighters look amazing on my skin tone, I love how glittery they look and how they feel, they are not powdery nor too creamy at all.
I really love the formula of these lip creams, they feel so smooth and moussy, they are so easy to apply and are very pigmented. However, the colors are not saturated [exactyl how I like it] and they are not that long-lasting, they feel very light-weight though!
For this look, I applied both colors at the same time, I think the mix looks gorgeous. I hope they’ll release more shades.
I definitely recommend the Electric eyeshadow palette and the highlighting palettes, I don’t think the formula of the lip creams is different than the formula of the soft matte lip cream so I don’t think they are worth your money. I really love this new collection in general, it’s so fun and colorful even though the products are a bit pricier.
That’s it for today. The post is longer than usually but I hope you still enjoyed reading and if you did, don’t forget to give this post a ‘like’ and to follow my blog [you can do that by email].