Hello my pumpkins and welcome back!
Today I am sharing with you this really dark and glamorous [Not really] Valentine’s Day makeup look. I personally love this type of makeup, it’s dark and very extravagant but not out of my comfort zone because I actually go out in this makeup.
Of course, you could always remove the heart, add some nude lips and that makeup look would be totally up your ally. And, I know this is not the type of makeup anyone would wear for Valentine’s Day, it’s very vamp-y and dark but the colors still scream Valentine’s Day to me. Plus, the heart stands for Valentine’s Day so that’s why I called this post [Anti] Valentine’s Day makeup look.
Before diving into this makeup look, don’t forget to read my previous blogpost.
- Micro Brow Pencil by NYX in shade ‘Espresso’
- I applied a light mauve-y shade from the “Ombre Sur Mesure Duo Perfecting Eyeshadows” by Yves Saint Laurent above my crease.
- Then, I applied the shade “Tinsel Town” from my “All I See Is Magic” palette by Colourpop on my crease.
- Afterwards, I applied the shade “Saffron” from the “Desert Dusk” palette by Huda Beauty all over my lid.
- In the center of my lid and in a triangle shape, I applied the red glitter “Cosmo” from the Desert Dusk palette. [I used the glitter primer by NYX cosmetics as a base to my glitter]
- In the center of my lower lashline, I also applied the red glitter in a triangle shape
- On my lower lash line, I applied “Saffron” [closer to my waterline] and the mauve shade that I applied above my crease.
- In my water line, I used the shade “Tinsel Town” again [but this time, I wet my brush to make the color more pigmented and saturated]
- On my inner corner and brow bone, I used the shade “Angelic” from the Desert Dusk palette.
- For false lashes, I used the wicked false lashes by NYX in “Fatale“
- And for mascara I used the Perversion mascara by Urban Decay.
- Primer: Pore minimizing primer by Maybelline
- Foundation: Total Control Drop Foundation by NYX
- Concealer: Shape Tape concealer by Tarte
- Setting powder: Translucent loose powder by Max Factor
- Contour/Bronzer: Shade and Light palette by Kat Von D
- Highlighter: Love You So Mochi highlighting palette by NYX, in shade “Lit Life” [I used the pink shade because honestly, it looks gorgeous with the eye makeup look]
- Blush: Love Flush by Too Faced, shade “I Will always love you”
- Setting spray: Matte setting spray by NYX
- To create the heart: Epic Ink Liner by NYX. Just because it looks fun and cute!
- Lippie Stix by Colourpop in shade “Dukes”. A really dark shade to make the overall makeup look even more intense and glamorous.
That’s it for this makeup look. Make sure to tag me if you ever re-create this look and don’t forget to give this post a ‘like’ and to follow my blog.
See more on my Instagram & Twitter
Google an Australian band called Death of Art, fronted by Erin Blackie
I love the anti valentines idea, this look is amazing, and I love the colour combination ❤️
Thank you babe 😍💕
That lipstick though! 😍 You look stunning 💕
Aww thank you 😍😍
I love the whole idea of an ‘anti’ Valentine’s Day makeup look! Love how dark yet still wearable this look is! 😍😍
Thank you very much 😍💕
this looks amazing💕
Thanks dearie 😍💕
Ahhh So pretty!!! Love it!!!
Aww thanks 😍💕
Lovely make up as always xx
You’d look good in any type of makeup look!
Aww thanks a lot dear 😊
This look is sexy without trying to hard, great idea!
Thank you very much 😊💕
Stunning! I love the pink eyes and dark lip combo
Thank youuu 😍💕
I love the heart, it adds such a fun touch! Super cute look, without being crazy! 😊
Thank you!! 😍💕
I love this look so much its so pretty 😍 xx
Thank you 😍💕
It’s okay 😊 xx
I love your look! You look beautiful!
Aww thank you so much ❤️
I love the heart, don’t remove it! 🙂
Hahahah i won’t and thanks a lot ☺️💕
Love this look so much! <3 xo
Aww thanks a lot xx
Such a cool look. I love the eye shadow tones, they are beautiful. I’m not gonna lie but I’m a bit afraid of that lipstick, it’s so dark. xx
Thanks a lot 😍!! Yeah it is dark but that’s why i love it 😍